- 400g plain flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 50g chilled butter, cubed
- 370ml Stout such as Guinness or Murphys
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Fan 200°C/Gas Mark 7. Grease a baking sheet.
- In a food processor blitz the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Add the stout and blitz in short bursts until it comes together as a dough
- Turn out onto a clean, oiled surface and knead until its smooth
- The dough is very wet, so to avoid it sticking to your hands cover them with vegetable oil.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls and place each ball on the baking sheet
- Score the tops about 1cm deep in a cross. Dust to tops with flour and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 180°C/350°F/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4 and bake for a further 4 minutes
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool
Recipe Found HERE